In the time since the last events post (Nov.14), I:
- Went to a Korean “musical”: a traditional Korean story set to traditional music, dance, and drumming. It was BEAUTIFUL. I loved it so much I bought the dvd. It is called “Miso,” and I guess has been running in Seoul for something like 9 years. At this musical, I sat next to a girl who is a great new friend, Hannah.
- Went Christmas shopping in Insadong with Rebecca. It was a day so cold we both had to buy cold-weather clothing while out (Rebecca, ear muffs; myself, a scarf). I am so happy Mom sent my winter coats! We had a nice day picking out items for our loved ones, and topped it off with Burger King and Starbucks.
- Created a Thanksgiving of oddments with the aforementioned Hannah. We had a great time! It was fun just to have a guest in my home and cook together! The best and most festive thing on the table was my garlic mashed potatoes!
 |
| normal looking on the outside ... inside, PURPLE! shocking! |

- Saw the new Harry Potter film on the US military base 3 weeks before it actually premiers in Korea (it premiered in the US long before!). Being on-base, technically on US soil, was a fun novelty! I od’d on popcorn and American candy, and had a giant Dr. Pepper. The group that went to see it was a fun assemblage of Lisa’s friends from a Scottish Country Dancing group in Seoul. One actually-Scottish lady was delightful! Excellent accent and dry sense of humor. And she had a new baby, so I was excited to talk to her about my sister’s baby and baby things in general, since I am estranged from all that by distance.
- Went to the Hyeri Art Village in Paju. A trip down architecture-class memory lane! Unfortunately, only the “oh! I learned about that once! But what did I learn…” memories. I had lots of fun! Lisa, I and another friend took lots of silly pictures and laughed a lot. We ate at an Italian place there, which was the school cafeteria from a Korean drama I’ve seen!



 |
| Stairwell down to a kids area in the drama-cafeteria building. really cool! |
- Had a lovely Western breakfast in Itaewon, and then Lisa and I went to an adorable cupcake shop in Hongdae.
 |
| festive deer for my Ra. it's been fun to watch Korea get progressively more Christmassy! |
- Yesterday night Rebecca, Hannah and I (my Uijeongbu buddies!) got cheap Korean sushi, watched a Christmas movie and wrote out Christmas cards. I really only watched the movie with the fat pile of cards sitting in my lap, untouched, but it was fun! I am happy to have good friends nearby :).
Lordy! I’ve done a lot more than I thought! Hooray :)
It's funny that when you sit down and really start thinking about what you've been up to, there's a lot more than you think! ^^
ReplyDelete