Monday, March 14, 2011

Almost Springtime

Hello!  Here is a March update for you.  March begins the new schoolyear in Korea, so many changes have happened at school.  2 of my previous coteachers are now homeroom teachers, and 1 is soon departing to have a baby.  So I have 2 new coteachers and am no longer teaching 6th grade, so I will not have another.  We also have a new principal.  Also there is new curriculum for every grade, with very non-user-friendly interfacing.  CD Rom menus all in Hangul!  Thanks a lot!  haha.  It is all very strange so far.   

I like the one new coteacher I've worked with a lot, although communication is a real challenge so far!  I have great hopes this will improve with time and practice.  I've only just met the other new co- so fingers crossed for a good situation!  I'm sad to see the pregnant coteacher go.  She and I worked very well together.

Recent things:

I made new posters and revamped the display board in my classroom.

it's a shame I didn't have a "before" picture.  I think it's 100% better. 

I crocheted slippers for one long lost coteacher (now banished to the 6th grade).


I went out dancing in Hongdae a lot, which meant I stayed in Bucheon with Lisa and Bilbo.

he's a sweet doggie!
I crocheted baby booties for the departing new mommy. 

the unfinished booties looked like boats.  I was knotting boats for baby's feet.
completed booties
I also finished crocheting the blanket for Sam <3.  I would put up a photo, but don't want to spoil Ra's surprise! :)

The air feels fresher and warmer lately!  Spring will be here very soon.  I miss the eternal greenness of Washington ... the fact that everything's still brown and dead here makes it feel like we've gone backwards to Fall instead of forwards to Spring!  Hopefully we'll get some rain soon to freshen things up more. 

I'm greatly anticipating May when Mommy will come!  and flowers blooming.  I am in a country where lotuses grow!  I cannot wait to see them.  Went to see, and greatly enjoyed Black Swan this Friday night.  It scared the pants off me more than once, but it ended beautifully!  and I do love ballet. 

Since Friday, I've been continually horrified by the disaster in Japan.  my thoughts go out to them!!  I sincerely hope less lives will be lost than it now looks.

Flowers for now: the cactus I bought at the grocery store last weekend.


Love,
Kayla

1 comment:

  1. Your display board is very good! And the booties are super adorable ^^

    ReplyDelete